Motorcyclist left seriously injured after crash saw him trapped under bin lorry
- Credit: KALLIE TEMPLEMAN
A motorcyclist in his 20s has been left seriously injured after a crash left him trapped under a bin lorry.
The incident happened around 7.20am Friday, September 27 in Straight Road, Colchester.
Three fire engines from Colchester and Wivenhoe were called to the scene to assist in lifting the lorry to free the trapped cyclist.
He was left in the care of the ambulance service for injuries said to be serious but non-life threatening or changing.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Colchester Borough Council said: "One of our refuse vehicles was involved in a collision this morning and our thoughts are with everyone involved.
"We will be working closely with the emergency services during their investigations into the incident."
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The road has since re-opened.