Colchester Bishop Launches village fete
- Credit: Nick Strugnell
Bishop Roger Morris is helping to raise awareness of this year’s event which is hoping to raise money for St Mary’s Church in the village.
Bishop Roger said: “The church has been a focal point of this village for a thousand years.
“I hope plenty of people will turn out on June 9, have fun and support the efforts of The Friends of St Mary’s.”
As part of the event a YAK 52 plan will perform over the fete.
Organiser John Walker said: “We are so lucky to have a fabulous rural location in Lodge Lane.
You may also want to watch:
“It is unusual to have an aerobatic display at a village fete and we hope it will attract visitors.
“With craft stalls, a friendly dog show and traditional entertainment, there will be a real Darling Buds of May feel!”
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 A12 closed following serious collision
- 4 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 5 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 6 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 9 Ipswich Debenhams to close on May 4 after the building is sold
- 10 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
The fete will take place on June 9 in Lodge Lane from 11am until 5pm.