Colchester: Brazilian student at University of Essex missing from Broomfield Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Early-morning commuters and dog walkers are asked to look out for a Colchester student who ran off from Broomfield Hospital in a distressed state earlier this morning.
Paulo Junior initially arrived at Stansted Airport at approximately 11pm on Wednesday, May 14. He was found in a mentally unstable condition which caused police concern. As a result, paramedics took him to the hospital in mid-Essex. However, the 34-year-old man ran off from hospital staff at 2am this morning.
A police spokesman said: “Paulo has no family here in the UK and is a student at the University of Essex. He is living in halls of residence near the Colchester campus.
“We want people travelling to work, or indeed returning home from a night shift, as well as those out walking their dogs this morning in the Broomfield or wider Chelmsford town area to keep an eye out for him. He is obviously unwell and we want him to have a medical assessment immediately.”
Paulo is described as approximately 6ft 2ins tall, wears glasses and is slim. He ran off from the hospital wearing blue jeans and black and green trainers. The police helicopter carried out an aerial search for him shortly after 2.30am.
Police are also keen to hear from any of his friends in order to ascertain what may have caused the Brazilian student’s sudden illness.
Anyone who sees Paulo should contact Essex Police immediately on 999 with friends urged to contact officers at Chelmsford police station on 101.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 6 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing