Colchester: Candle left burning causes bedroom blaze in Princess Drive, Highwoods

FIRE fighters were scrambled to a house blaze in Colchester this morning after a candle was left burning.

The fire broke out in Princess Drive, Highwoods, around 5am.

The blaze, which was in the bedroom of the semi-detached house, was put out by 5.30am.

Two fire appliances from Colchester were involved in the operation.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus