LGBT+ tours coming to Colchester Castle
- Credit: COLCHESTER BOROUGH COUNCIL
Colchester’s LGBT+ history will be told in a series of walking tours through the town’s historic castle.
In recognition of LGBT History Month, which happens in the UK every February, Colchester Castle will be adding a new tour to its calendar.
Guides will lead members of the public though the hidden stories behind some of the objects on display, from gender-fluid priests in Roman Britain to same-sex love in the medieval court.
Julie Young, portfolio holder for culture and performance, said: "I'm thrilled that we working to support LGBT+ History Month at Colchester Castle.
The tours take place on February 1 and 15, at 11am and 2pm, lasting up to an hour.
You may also want to watch:
They form part of the council's month-long efforts to promote equality and diversity.
Each tour will cost £3 per person.
Book by calling 01206 282 941 or visiting colchester.cimuseums.org.uk/events.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 3 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 4 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault