Colchester: CCTV image released of man wanted in connection with theft of groceries
- Credit: Archant
CCTV footage has been released of a man who police would like to speak to in connection with the theft of groceries from a newsagents in Colchester.
The man was caught on camera on Friday, January 17 in McColls on Mersea Road.
He was one of two men had who entered the shop just before 6.20pm. They took a number of items off the shelves and put them into a Sports Direct carrier bag before leaving the store without making any attempt to pay. Around £40 worth of goods were taken.
The man caught on CCTV is described as being around 50 years old.
The second man is described as being of stocky build, aged in his 40s, and was wearing a blue T-shirt and green or brown jacket.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises the man in the image or who has any other information about the theft can call Pc Christopher Raynsford at Colchester Police Station on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies