Man threatened on his doorstep with a knife during aggravated burglary
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 40s was threatened with a knife in his own home during a burglary in Colchester.
The 46-year-old man answered a knock at the front door in Conifer Close, Colchester, at around 12.40am on Friday, July 3.
Two men pushed their way in.
One threatened the victim with a knife while the other took a laptop, phone and tablet computer.
The pair then ran off and were last seen running down an alleyway towards a block of garages that leads onto Elm Crescent.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police have released descriptions of the men they would like to speak to.
One of the suspects was described as white, about 5ft 7ins and slim. He had a slim, gaunt-looking face and wore a grey zip up hoodie and dark coloured trousers.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
His accomplice was described as white, about 6ft tall, and wore dark blue jeans and a dark coat with the hood covering his face.
Anyone who saw or heard anything at the time, or lives nearby and has any CCTV or doorbell footage, is asked to call Colchester CID on 101 quoting reference 42/97439/20.
Alternatively, you can contact independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or https://crimestoppers-uk.org.