Colchester: Cyclist injured in car collision near town centre
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has suffered head injuries in a collision with a car in north-east Essex.
The man, aged around 50, sustained “non-serious head injuries” in the accident on the A133 Cymbeline Way in Colchester at 5.20pm today, an Essex Police spokesman said.
He was taken to Colchester Hospital for precautionary reasons, the force spokesman added.
The two-vehicle collision also involved a blue Citroen Picasso. No other injuries were reported.
Emergency crews closed the road in both directions between the Avenue Of Remembrance roundabout and the A134 Westway junction near the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
It reopened at 6.50pm following the accident.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 7 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 8 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park