Colchester: Detectives in James Attfield murder identify woman in CCTV images
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the James Attfield murder have identified another person from CCTV images released by police a few days after his body was discovered in a Colchester park.
The vulnerable father-of-five was found seriously injured with 102 stab wounds in Castle Park off Guildford Road shortly before 6am on March 29.
He died a short time later at the scene.
The 33-year-old, of East Bay in the town, was last seen in the River Lodge Public House in Middleborough on March 28. He left there shortly after 10pm, and was not seen until a passer-by discovered his body the following morning.
The woman in Image 20 on the Essex Police website (www.essex.police.uk) has now been identified, leaving officers still requiring help in identifying seven people – images four, six, nine, 11, 13, 21 and 22).
A man and a woman, both aged 27 and from Colchester, are currently on police bail until Wednesday after having been arrested in connection with the murder.
A Crimestoppers reward of up to £5,000 still remains on offer for information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for the murder.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 3 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 4 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 5 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 6 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 7 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 9 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 10 Sone Aluko: 'No-one is hiding from the expectation'
Anyone with information is asked to call Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.