Colchester: Driver in critical condition after signpost crash
A MAN is in a “life-threatening” condition after crashing his car into a signpost in Colchester.
The 25-year-old driver from Colchester suffered serious injuries to his legs, arm and back after the crash which happened at about 10pm on Wednesday.
A blue Vauxhall Astra was being driven along Westway when it came off the road and hit street signs and a lamppost.
He has been taken to Colchester General Hospital and is reported to be in a “critical life threatening condition”.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “Police are appealing to people who may have been in the area of the collision at the time and witnessed the incident or stopped to assist at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“Furthermore police are very keen to speak with the driver of a dark coloured car seen driving along Westway towards Balkern Hill at around the time of the collision.
“Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Stanway Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.”
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed