Colchester drug driver banned from driving for two years
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man has been banned from the road for two years after he was caught drug driving in Colchester.
Aaron McDonald, of Ilex Close, was stopped by Essex Police as part of their summer crackdown on drink and drug driving.
The campaign, which ran between June 1 and June 30, saw 107 people arrested.
Essex Police has released details and images of those convicted to act as a deterrent to anyone else considering getting behind the wheel while under the influence.
McDonald was arrested in Colchester High Street at around 2.20am on Tuesday, June 27.
He was later convicted of drug driving, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance and sentenced to 16 weeks in a Young Offenders Institute, suspended for 12 months.
He was also banned from driving for two years, ordered to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work and told to pay a £115 victim surcharge and £85 court costs.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 6 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 7 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 8 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 9 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss