Colchester fashion students showcase their designs on the catwalk
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
Fashion degree students showcased their creations on the catwalk at an end of year event held at the Firstsite gallery in Colchester.
The Colchester Institute fashion and textile students from across all three years of the degree course exhibited their work at the glitzy show.
First year students had created garments based on the architecture of the gallery itself, with second years’ focusing on diversity and flattering outfits for the over-50s in their Silver Fox theme.
Final year students exhibited their collections, with pieces project managed from concept right through to production.
Val Jacobs, course leader, said: “This show was an exciting opportunity for students to come together and celebrate their achievements throughout the year.
You may also want to watch:
“This was the first time, for some students, to have the opportunity to style their models and show to a wider audience, including industry contacts and alumni student mentors.”
Ellie Dolan-Roberts, a third year student added: “It’s been a really exciting and valuable experience, where the practical work experience we have learned has opened us up to what it’s like to work in fashion in the real world.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
Commenting on the partnership with the college and the fashion theme for the first year students Anthony Roberts, interim managing director at Firstsite, said: “We are delighted Colchester Institute chose to have their fashion show at Firstsite. It’s a beautiful space which complemented the students’ amazing designs.
“I particularly enjoyed seeing the work of the first year students who used the Firstsite building as their inspiration.”