Teenage girl arrested after admitting hoax 999 stabbing call and kicking officer
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Police have arrested a teenage girl after she admitted making a hoax call about a stabbing at Colchester Town Train Station.
Essex Police said they were called shortly after 8pm on Thursday, November 12 with reports someone had been stabbed.
A spokesman said: “Officers attended and spoke to two teenage girls, who admitted it was a hoax call.
“One of the girls was arrested on suspicion of causing a breach of the peace. While being detained, an officer was kicked in the stomach. She was further arrested on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker and released under investigation.”
“We have referred the matters to the Youth Offending Service.”
You may also want to watch:
In a tweet, the force’s control room said the hoax call was a “massive waste of resources” and said those involved were being dealt with.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 7 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
- 10 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash