Patient with coronavirus dies at Colchester Hospital
- Credit: Archant
One new coronavirus-related death has been confirmed in the region after a patient with the illness died at Colchester Hospital.
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) said the patient, in their 50s, had underlying health conditions.
The person had tested positive for Covid-19.
A statement from Nick Hulme, ESNEFT chief executive, said: “We can confirm that one patient in their 50s who had underlying health conditions, has sadly passed away at Colchester Hospital.
“The patient had tested positive for Covid-19.
You may also want to watch:
“Our thoughts and condolences remain with the patient’s family and loved ones at this difficult time.”
Find all of our coronavirus coverage here.
In total, 332 patients with coronavirus have now died at hospitals run by ESNEFT.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
No new deaths were reported at West Suffolk or Ipswich hospitals today.