Patient with coronavirus dies at Colchester Hospital
- Credit: Archant
One new coronavirus-related death has been confirmed in the region after a patient with the illness died at Colchester Hospital.
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) said the patient, in their 50s, had underlying health conditions.
The person had tested positive for Covid-19.
A statement from Nick Hulme, ESNEFT chief executive, said: “We can confirm that one patient in their 50s who had underlying health conditions, has sadly passed away at Colchester Hospital.
“The patient had tested positive for Covid-19.
“Our thoughts and condolences remain with the patient’s family and loved ones at this difficult time.”
Find all of our coronavirus coverage here.
In total, 332 patients with coronavirus have now died at hospitals run by ESNEFT.
- 1 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 5 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 6 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 7 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 8 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 9 Matchday Live: Life without Morsy begins as Town visit Dons
- 10 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
No new deaths were reported at West Suffolk or Ipswich hospitals today.