Colchester Hospital declares major incident
- Credit: Archant
Colchester Hospital has declared a major incident today, following a visit from the Care Quality Commission yesterday.
The declaration means that a review of the whole hospital will be undertaken, including considerations over demand for services, levels of staffing, capacity, and areas for improvement.
Peter Wilson, acting chairman of Colchester Hospital University Foundation NHS Trust, said: “Yesterday the Care Quality Commission visited here and visited A&E and EAU departments.
“Disappointingly although they commented favourably on some aspects their general view was that the situation had not improved.
“We have already put actions in place to address some of the issues they face.
You may also want to watch:
“We are however facing an unprecedented demand at the front end and have declared today a major incident, which means a whole hospital review of demand, capacity, staffing levels and discharge processes, and other opportunities for improvement.
“We have established a control centre under the command of the chief operating officer.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash