‘Fantastic festive fun’ - new Christmas ice rink opens in town centre
- Credit: © Jayne Lloyd
A new ice rink in Colchester town centre is set to boost festive cheer up until Christmas.
The pop-up ice rink, which opened on December 4, is open to groups of up to six at the Firstsite site in Lewis Gardens.
Each session lasts for 45 minutes, priced at £6 for children and £12 for adults.
To celebrate the opening, Colchester MP Will Quince joined Firstsite director Sally Shaw MBE and Firstsite chair of trustees, Rosie Millard OBE, to take the first spin on the ice.
Mr Quince said an afternoon’s skating was “fantastic festive fun”.
He added: “Despite having the grace and balance of Bambi on ice – which is being generous – I managed not to fall over!”
A company spokeswoman assured that all Covid-19 regulations are enforced.
Tickets for the ice rink, which is open until December 23, can be purchased here.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town