‘Fantastic festive fun’ - new Christmas ice rink opens in town centre
- Credit: © Jayne Lloyd
A new ice rink in Colchester town centre is set to boost festive cheer up until Christmas.
The pop-up ice rink, which opened on December 4, is open to groups of up to six at the Firstsite site in Lewis Gardens.
Each session lasts for 45 minutes, priced at £6 for children and £12 for adults.
To celebrate the opening, Colchester MP Will Quince joined Firstsite director Sally Shaw MBE and Firstsite chair of trustees, Rosie Millard OBE, to take the first spin on the ice.
Mr Quince said an afternoon’s skating was “fantastic festive fun”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Despite having the grace and balance of Bambi on ice – which is being generous – I managed not to fall over!”
A company spokeswoman assured that all Covid-19 regulations are enforced.
Tickets for the ice rink, which is open until December 23, can be purchased here.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 9 Sunday Snap! Kieron helps warm them up, team-mates reunited, Al Jolson and don't forget the Skids!
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections