Colchester/Ilford: Police searching open ground for missing teenager Ella Hysom
- Credit: Archant
Specialist search teams have been called in to help with the search for missing Colchester schoolgirl, Ella Hysom.
The teenager who was being treated for depression in Goodmayes was last seen in Ilford on Monday afternoon.
During a police press conference this afternoon, Detective Inspector John Delaney of the Met Police, said: “At this stage there’s no evidence to suggest any suspicion of foul play. “We are treating this matter seriously, lots of resources have been deployed.”
The extensive police search, covering areas of open ground n the Ilford area, is being led by Redbridge police. DI Delaney revealed that two specialist Met search units have been brought in to assist.
He added: “We are concerned for her wellbeing and are appealing for members of the public, especially in the Redbridge area, who may have seen her in Ilford town centre.”
Referring to Ella’s younger siblings, her mother Alison, said today: “They are understandably distress and are very worried.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about Ella’s whereabouts should call the non-emergency police number on 101 or, if you wish to remain anonymous, Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 9 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth