Colchester: Information appeal after street robberies
POLICE are appealing for information after a series of street robberies in Colchester.
A 56-year-old man was walking along Elm Crescent just after midnight on Sunday when a man approached him from behind and pushed him to the floor, causing him to lose consciousness.
He was then kicked and stamped before a three-figure sum of cash was stolen from him.
Officers are also looking for information after a 20-year-old-man was also robbed in Colchester, in a separate incident.
The man was walking along Morant Road just after 2.30am on Sunday and as he walked past another man, near the junction with Wimpole Road, he was grabbed by the neck.
You may also want to watch:
A tussle began and after a short period, the man stole a two-figure sum of cash from the 20-year-old’s wallet – the thief then ran off.
He is described as white, in his mid 20s, about 6ft 2ins, with broad shoulders, of slim build and he has short, ginger hair.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 7 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 8 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 9 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
At the time, hee was wearing blue jeans, a black long-sleeved top and a dark hoodie jacket underneath.
The man sustained minor facial injuries, but did not require any further medical treatment.
Anyone with information about the incidents should call police in Colchester on 101.