Colchester/Ipswich: Man, 22, due in court in connection with crash which left family injured
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man is due to appear in court this week in connection with a road crash which left a family of four injured.
Jack Cornes, of Dale Close, Stanway, will appear at Colchester Magistrates Court on Thursday charged with dangerous driving, using a vehicle without insurance, failing to stop following a road accident and using a vehicle without an MOT certificate.
The charges relate to a collision on Saturday, April 6, which involved a BMW 3-Series and a VW Polo on the northbound carriageway of the A12 at Stanway.
The Polo overturned, and driver Hassan Yasaneh, of Robeck Road, Ipswich, had to pull his partner Lisa Sheldrake, and their children, five-year-old Leona and four-year-old Keiara, from the wreckage.
The BMW driver is alleged to have ran away from the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Sheldrake and her family were taken to Colchester General Hospital on the night and later discharged.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results