Colchester/Ipswich: Man arrested following A12 crash which injured family of four
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has been arrested by police who are investigating a road crash in north east Essex in which a family of four from Ipswich were injured.
The collision happened near Stanway when a BMW 318 and a VW Polo struck each other on the northbound carriageway of the A12 shortly after 11pm on Saturday, April 6.
The Polo overturned, and driver Hassan Yasaneh, of Robeck Road, Ipswich, had to pull his partner Lisa Sheldrake, and their children, five-year-old Leona and four-year-old Keiara, from the wreckage.
The BMW driver ran away from the scene.
A 21-year-old man from the Colchester area was arrested at his home address yesterday on suspicion of committing motoring offences.
You may also want to watch:
He was later released on police bail until Tuesday, June 11.
Ms Sheldrake and her family were taken to Colchester General Hospital on the night and later discharged.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn