Colchester: Kitchen fire which was triggered by dishwasher is extinguished

FIREFIGHTERS were today scrambled to a kitchen fire in Colchester which was triggered by a dishwasher.

Two crews from Colchester were sent to the scene, in Causton Road, at 12.19am after a smoke detector alerted residents to the blaze.

A spokesman for Essex Fire and Rescue Service said it is believed a dishwasher started the fire.

Firefighters used one hose reel to put out the blaze, which was extinguished by 12.47am.

Once the fire was out, a high pressure fan was used to clear the two storey property of smoke.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus