Two men robbed at knifepoint and assaulted in park
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Police are appealing for information after two men were robbed at knifepoint in a park in Colchester.
The pair were sitting on a bench in a small park area near to the junction of Flagstaff Road and Circular Road North, when they were approached by a group of four men.
one of the victims was threatened with a knife while the other was assaulted.
The group of men stole money and other items before running off towards the Abbeygate underpass.
The incident took place at around 8.20pm on Thursday, September 12.
You may also want to watch:
The robbers are described as one white man and three black men, wearing 'casual' clothing with some wearing hooded tops with the hoods up.
It is believed a number of members of the public walked past the area at the time. Anyone who saw anything, has any CCTV or dashcam footage, or other information is asked to call police on 101 quoting crime reference number 42/146831/19, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 5 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 9 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 10 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident