Two men robbed at knifepoint and assaulted in park
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Police are appealing for information after two men were robbed at knifepoint in a park in Colchester.
The pair were sitting on a bench in a small park area near to the junction of Flagstaff Road and Circular Road North, when they were approached by a group of four men.
one of the victims was threatened with a knife while the other was assaulted.
The group of men stole money and other items before running off towards the Abbeygate underpass.
The incident took place at around 8.20pm on Thursday, September 12.
The robbers are described as one white man and three black men, wearing 'casual' clothing with some wearing hooded tops with the hoods up.
It is believed a number of members of the public walked past the area at the time. Anyone who saw anything, has any CCTV or dashcam footage, or other information is asked to call police on 101 quoting crime reference number 42/146831/19, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 6 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons