Colchester leisure centres joining National Fitness Day scheme
- Credit: Su Anderson
Leisure centres in Colchester are encouraging a healthy lifestyle by joining in with a National Fitness Day on September 9.
Free taster sessions on a range of fitness classes and sports are being offered at Leisure World Colchester, on Cowdray Avenue, as part of the ukactive initiative.
The day begins with a gentle deep water workout at 8am in the fitness pool followed by a range of taster classes.
In the afternoon people can hire a badminton court, or tennis court at the Eudo Road tennis centre, for free.
The day is open to beginners and fitness enthusiasts, and also on the day anyone who becomes a Lifestyles member will have the joining fee waived.
Paul Smith, Colchester Borough Council leader, said: “This is a very worthwhile national initiative and an excellent opportunity for local residents to get a free taster of the wide range of fitness activities available at Leisure World.
“We’re keen to encourage everyone in the borough to participate in physical activity and I’m sure Leisure World’s National Fitness Day programme will lead to more people embracing new ways of staying fit and healthy.”
- 1 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 6 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 7 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 9 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 10 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
Bookings can be made from one week in advance of National Fitness Day by calling Leisure World on 01206 282000, or 01206 367941 for the tennis courts.