Colchester: Man arrested after body found in flat
POLICE have arrested a man on suspicion of manslaughter after a body was found inside a flat.
A spokesman for Essex Police said the ambulance service were called to a property in St Andrew’s Avenue, Colchester, shortly before 8pm on July 1 following reports a man was ill.
The body of Thomas Sadler-Smith, 26, from Rayner Road, Colchester, was found inside.
A post mortem was carried out yesterday but further tests are now being carried out to find the cause of death.
Yesterday, a 28-year-old from the town was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter. He has been bailed until September 8 pending further enquiries.
Detectives continue to treat the death as unexplained.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 4 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 5 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 6 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 7 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 8 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release