Colchester man charged with abduction and kidnap
- Credit: Lucy taylor
A Colchester man has appeared in court charged with a number of offences against children, including abduction and kidnap.
Piotr Gromczewski, 38, of Bergholt Road, was arrested on Monday, September 4, on suspicion of abduction. Police said it followed reports of a man trying to encourage girls into his car in the Monkwick area of Colchester.
Gromczewski was later charged with abduction, four offences of attempted abduction, kidnap, and possession of a firearm.
He appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, September 5, and was remanded in court custody.
He is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on October 3.
Speaking after the hearing, a spokesman for Essex Police said: “Gromczewski was arrested after reports to police that girls had been approached in the Monkwick area of Colchester by a man who attempted to encourage them in to his car.”
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off