Colchester: Man is led to safety following fire at flat

A MAN has been led to safety from his first-floor flat by firefighters after a blaze broke out in a bedroom.

Then fire service was called at 2.19pm to St Peter’s Street, Colchester. Two crews from Colchester and one from Coggeshall attended reporting on arrival 20% of the flat was alight and the whole of the property was heavily smoke-logged.

The blaze was extinguished entirely by 2.46pm by firefighters using four sets of breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus