Colchester: Man is stabbed in neck, foot and ear in footpath near Leisure World
- Credit: Archant
A man has been stabbed in the neck, foot and ear in an assault by two others in Colchester.
Detectives are investigating after the attack on a footpath near Leisure World in Colchester in the early hours of this morning.
A 34-year-old man from Colchester was assaulted by two men around 2am and received a knife wound to his neck, foot and ear and defence wounds to his hands. He had his phone and his wallet stolen and was taken to hospital but has since been released after receiving treatment.
The man has described the attackers as both white, one aged early 40s with glasses, very tall, who had a black scruffy beard, dressed in black with a large knife and the other man was bald, of average height and was wearing a cream or white coat. They ran off and got into a silver estate car.
A scene guard has been put in place in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are investigating this as a grievous bodily harm and have said the man was fortunate that he was not more seriously injured, so are appealing for anyone who was in the area, saw the incident or has any information about who is responsible is asked to contact police at Colchester CID on 101 or give information anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 55 111.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies