Colchester: Man stabbed near Co-op store in Greenstead area
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A MAN was stabbed with a knife during an altercation with two men near a Co-op store last night.
Police were called at about 8.30pm yesterday (Wednesday February 6) to the Greenstead area of Colchester.
The man, in his 30s, is believed to have been stabbed near the shop in Fivefields Court.
Police have said the man received a number of superficial stab wounds and was taken to Colchester General Hospital.
Officers want to speak to people who were in the Co-op store who may have left before police arrived.
Patrols will be focused around the Fivefields Court area and police will increase their visibility.
Anyone with information call police on 101.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 9 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week