Colchester: Masked man with gun threatens betting shop staff and makes off with cash
A masked man brandishing a handgun has threatened staff at a betting shop and stolen a three-figure sum of cash.
The armed robbery happened at the Ladbroke’s branch in Bourne Road, Colchester, shortly before 8pm yesterday.
Officers are investigating whether this incident is linked to recent other armed robberies on betting shops in the north of the county.
The robber - who had a silver-barrelled handgun - was aged in his 20s, 5ft 7ins to 5ft 10ins tall, of a slim build and with a dark complexion.
He was wearing a white or light grey hooded top, with dark jogging bottoms and white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
During the robbery he covered his face with a red and black scarf.
Detectives want to hear from any witnesses who saw the man enter or leave the betting shop.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
They also want to hear from anyone who was in the area of Bourne Road /Military Road and Wimpole Road between 7.30pm and 8.30pm, who may have seen the man hanging around before the incident or running away.
Anyone with information should call officers at Colchester CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.