Colchester: Men due in court charged with perverting the course of justice over alleged Jay Whiston murder
- Credit: © Peter Lawson/Eastnews Press A
Two men are due to appear in court next month after being charged with intending to pervert the course of justice in connection with the alleged murder of teenager Jay Whiston.
Jay Whiston was stabbed at a house party on Marlowe Way, Colchester, shortly after 10pm on Saturday, September 8, last year.
The 17-year-old from Aster Close died a short time later in hospital, with a subsequent post-mortem examination result showing the cause of death to have been from a stab wound.
Gary Redman, a 51-year-old self-employed man and his 19-year-old student son John Redman, were arrested at their home in November 2012 and have now been charged with one count each of intending to pervert the course of justice.
The pair, who live on Halstead Road, Colchester, are currently on police bail.
They are due to appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on September 3.
A 42-year-old woman from Colchester had been arrested in November 2012 on suspicion of assisting an offender but she has now been released from her bail and faces no charges.
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 7 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 8 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 9 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 10 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
Edward Redman, 18, from Halstead Road, Colchester, is currently in court custody prior to his six-week murder trial at Chelmsford Crown Court on January 8, 2014.
Several other people have been arrested in connection with the alleged murder.
An 18-year-old unemployed man, Rhys Hennebry from Gurdon Road in Colchester, is currently on court bail prior to his appearance at Chelmsford Crown Court on September 10 after having been charged with affray.
Two 18-year-old men from Colchester, Alan Loughlin from Titania Close and Kieran Marsh from Creffield Road are currently remanded in court custody prior to their appearances at Chelmsford Crown Court on October 7 after having been charged with three and two counts, respectively, of witness intimidation.
An 18-year-old woman from Clacton is currently on police bail until her appearance at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on August 27. Shannon Fenlon, from Jameson Road, is facing a charge of encouraging the commission of witness intimidation.