Colchester: Men threatened and attacked during robbery
Two men were threatened with a knife and attacked with a brick during a robbery in Colchester.
The men, one in his late teens, the other in his 20s, were walking in an alleyway between Port Lane and Hythe Quay at between 3-3.30pm.
Three suspects approached the man in his 20s and threatened him with a small knife and demanded his mobile phone which he handed over.
The teenager was told to hand over his belongings and when he refused was grabbed by the throat and hit with a brick. He suffered cuts and bruising to his face.
The suspects then made off in the direction of the Old Heath Recreation Ground.
Officers believe this incident may be linked to another that took place in Britten Close in the same day.
Any witnesses should call Colchester police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 6 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 7 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 8 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 9 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 10 Farmer 'heartbroken' as land sees fourth fire in 10 days
Police are appealing for witnesses following an unconnected street robbery in Colchester where a woman was punched in the stomach.
The 23-year-old victim was in an alleyway off Mersea Road, near the cemetery, at about 1pm on June 17 when she was approached by two men.
One of them grabbed her by the throat and punched her in the stomach while demands were made that she hand over her earphones and mobile phone.
They were disturbed by a passer-by who came to her aid.
Her attackers then grabbed her tobacco, worth £5, which had fallen onto the ground and ran off.
The woman suffered no injuries apart from a few red marks on her neck, but she was left shaken by the incident.
The attackers were both white men in their early twenties.
One of them was about six feet tall, with dark brown hair and a dark beard. He was wearing a grey tracksuit with white Nike Airmax trainers.
The other was about 5ft 8ins tall and had a spotty face. He wore a hoody with a pocket around the stomach area, grey tracksuit trousers and black Reebok Classic trainers.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Dc Sarah Corrigan, or her colleagues at Colchester CID.