Colchester missing cat found safe after CCTV reveals genuine mistake
- Credit: Archant
A cat that was reported stolen in Colchester last weekend has been found safe and well following an investigation by Essex Police.
Enquiries have now established that the cat, named Oscar, who went missing from Stanford Road last Sunday, was found by a couple who thought he was their own cat, which had disappeared from a road nearby.
The couple were seen on local CCTV stopping their car to pick up Oscar at about 10.30am that evening.
Officers went to see the couple on Thursday and found that Oscar looked almost identical to their own cat. A vet checked a microchip and confirmed that the cat they had found was indeed Oscar.
Pc Ryan Kent said: “The couple were very upset as they thought they had found their own pet.
You may also want to watch:
“They had well cared for Oscar and even had him booked in to see a vet.
“We were satisfied that they had committed no offences and this was a genuine mistake because the cats are so similar. They are still very concerned for their own cat.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam