Colchester: Multiple cars and walls vandalised
More than 10 cars and 10 garden walls have been vandalised along a street in Colchester.
Car windows and wing mirrors were smashed, while garden walls were damaged in Maldon Road just after 3.30am Sunday morning.
Police are appealing for the public’s help to find two people believed to be responsible.
Pc Michael Pannell, from Colchester police station, said: “We believe the pair were walking along the road in the direction of Shrub End Road, and away from Southway.
“During their route, they have picked up bricks and thrown them at cars and garden walls. In total, about 20 residents have been affected.
You may also want to watch:
“This kind of mindless damage is completely unacceptable so we are very keen to hear from anyone who may be able to help the investigation. Did you hear the sound of smashing glass in the early hours? Did you see two people acting suspiciously in the area? Please get in touch,” added Pc Pannell.
Pc Pannell can be contacted at Colchester police station on 0300 333 4444 or anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 10 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk