Extra officers join Colchester murder investigation as St Mary’s car park to remain closed today
- Credit: Archant
Extra officers have been drafted in from across the county to help with the investigation into the death of a man in Colchester.
Police closed St Mary’s car park on Balkerne Hill yesterday after a body was found at around 8.55am.
Detectives launched a murder investigation later in the afternoon.
The car park, which remained closed yesterday, is expected to be shut for at least the next 48 hours, council bosses said in a tweet.
Extra officers have been drafted in from across the county to help with the investigation, police chiefs said.
A cordon remains in place this morning and a number of police vehicles remain at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are continuing to carry out enquiries to establish the circumstances and cause of death.
Police are urging anyone with information to contact the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate on 101, quoting incident 224 of 23/04.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 8 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 9 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or report information online via the crime fighting charity’s website by completing an anonymous online form.