Colchester: New A12 junction opens three months early
A NEW junction on the A12 was opened this morning, three months ahead of schedule.
The �11.2million Junction 28 will serve an area of redevelopment land near to the Weston Homes Community Stadium.
Norman Hume, who is responsible for highways and transportation on Essex County Council, said: “I’m very proud that the A12 Junction 28 is ready to open around three months ahead of schedule.
“This could not have been achieved without the excellent project management and the dedication of our contractors.
“Essex County Council has been working hard to support growth through first-class transport improvements, and the new junction will deliver access to the thousands of new jobs and homes being created in the area while providing much-needed congestion relief to this rapidly expanding part of Colchester.”
You may also want to watch:
The construction of the new A12 junction is a joint effort between Essex County Council, Colchester Borough Council, the Homes and Communities Agency, the Highways Agency, the Haven Gateway Partnership and the East of England Development Agency.
For the full story read tomorrow’s paper.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 7 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 8 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners