Colchester: New A12 junction opens three months early
A NEW junction on the A12 was opened this morning, three months ahead of schedule.
The �11.2million Junction 28 will serve an area of redevelopment land near to the Weston Homes Community Stadium.
Norman Hume, who is responsible for highways and transportation on Essex County Council, said: “I’m very proud that the A12 Junction 28 is ready to open around three months ahead of schedule.
“This could not have been achieved without the excellent project management and the dedication of our contractors.
“Essex County Council has been working hard to support growth through first-class transport improvements, and the new junction will deliver access to the thousands of new jobs and homes being created in the area while providing much-needed congestion relief to this rapidly expanding part of Colchester.”
You may also want to watch:
The construction of the new A12 junction is a joint effort between Essex County Council, Colchester Borough Council, the Homes and Communities Agency, the Highways Agency, the Haven Gateway Partnership and the East of England Development Agency.
For the full story read tomorrow’s paper.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 6 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown