Colchester: Officers need to speak to man seen on CCTV in connection with murder of James Attfield
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a murder are re-issuing an appeal for a man caught on CCTV walking through Colchester.
James Attfield was found seriously injured with more than 100 stab wounds in Castle Park, off Guildford Road, shortly before 6am on March 29.
He died a short time later at the scene. The 33-year-old, from East Bay in the town, was last seen in the River Lodge public house in Middleborough on the day before.
He left there shortly after 10pm, and police have not had any confirmed sightings of him thereafter until he was found the following morning.
The man (pictured) appears to be talking on a mobile phone as he walks through the Castle Park in the early hours of the day Mr Attfield was killed.
You may also want to watch:
Senior investigating officer, DCI Simon Werrett, said: “This man looks to be talking on his mobile phone and is wearing a waist length jacket. We are keen to speak to him so we can dismiss him from the inquiry. We want to move on and concentrate fully on potential suspects.”
In total, seven people require possible elimination from the murder investigation.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 8 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 9 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
A Crimestoppers reward of up to £5,000 still remains on offer for information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible.
Anyone with information is asked to call Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A man and a woman, both aged 27 and from Colchester, are currently on police bail until July 9, after having been arrested in connection with the murder.