Colchester: Police appeal after arsonists destroy caravan
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are today hunting arsonists who targeted a caravan in Colchester.
The owners of the caravan called police reporting the vehicle had been completely destroyed in the fire.
Arsonists targeted the caravan when it was parked at the rear of the owners’ home in Rockhampton Walk on Sunday evening.
A spokesman for Essex Police said officers believe the vehicle was broken into before it was set alight.
He said: “It was only by good fortune that the fire did not spread further and could have been much worse.”
You may also want to watch:
Pc Martin Willsher said: “The victim was extremely fond of the caravan and a great deal of time had been spent refurbishing it and fitting it out.
“The evening this incident took place was when the heaviest snow fall took place in Colchester in the recent cold weather.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
“Large numbers of people were out in the area playing in the snow so we are hoping that somebody saw something.”
Anyone with information about the fire can call Essex Police on 101.