Colchester: Police appeal for information over burglary in Broadlands Way
Detectives are appealing for information following a burglary in Colchester.
The break-in happened when thieves forced their way into the rear of a house on Broadlands Way during Monday daytime and ransacked the house before stealing a three-figure sum of jewellery.
Investigating Officer, Dc Andrea Ford, said: “These burglars caused a significant amount of damage to the property when they broke in through the back door.
“We want people to cast their minds back to Monday daytime and recall if they saw anyone acting suspiciously on this small housing estate. If they did, then they could help identify the perpetrators behind this home invasion.”
A forensic examination of the property was conducted, with house-to-house enquiries also completed.
Anyone with information in connection with this burglary is urged to contact detectives at Colchester police station on 101.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man