Thousands of pounds in cash and drugs seized after police search
- Credit: Archant
A haul of cash and drugs were seized by police in Colchester, who later arrested a 21-year-old man in connection with the find.
On February 11, Essex Police's Operation Raptor team was carrying out proactive patrols on Hythe Hill in the town when they spotted a man acting suspiciously.
Officers then searched a property in the town, where they found almost £4,000 in cash and even more class A and class B drugs, all of which were seized.
An Essex Police spokesman said: "A 21-year-old man from Colchester was stopped and searched in Hythe Hill, Colchester, on the afternoon of Tuesday, February 11, after being seen to act suspiciously.
"A search was then carried out at an address linked to him, where officers found a four-figure sum of cash and a large quantity of suspected cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
"They also found some suspected class A drugs.
"He was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs and has been released under investigation while we continue our enquiries."
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 3 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 4 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 6 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 7 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 8 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 9 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 10 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed