Colchester: Police investigate two house burglaries
Police are appealing for witnesses after two break-ins in Colchester.
Yesterday between 11.30am and 12.10pm thieves forced entry to a property in Mersea Road, by breaking the lock on the front door.
A search of the address was made but nothing is believed to have been taken.
A man was seen acting suspiciously in the area at around the time of the burglary and he is described as being dressed in dark clothing with a hood or a hat.
On Thursday between 2pm and midnight there was a burglary at a property in St Andrews Avenue. The raiders caused damage to a UPVC window and door frame to gain entry, but again nothing is believed to have been stolen – a burglar alarm activated and the suspect is believed to have made off over a back wall.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incidents or who saw any suspicious behaviour in the areas concerned should call PC Caroline Cross at Colchester CID concerning the Mersea Road incident, and DC Hannah Richardson for the St Andrews Avenue burglary, on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder