Colchester: Police re-appeal for information six months on from gun threat
- Credit: Archant
SIX months on from reports a man wielded a gun in front of children, detectives are making another appeal for information.
Police were initially called just after 8.30pm on Wednesday, October 31, last year following reports of a disturbance near Tesco in Highwoods.
Officers found two teenage boys had been threatened by a man holding what was described as a handgun and one of whom sustained minor head and leg injuries after being struck by the weapon.
A teenage girl was also with the pair and was left scared.
The offender fled the scene having made the verbal threats to all three youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Dc Dominque Savory said: “This attack happened on Halloween night near to the supermarket which would have been busy and its these shoppers who were either on their way to the shops or returning home that are potentially key witnesses.”
Anyone with information should call detectives at Colchester police station on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Woman's body found in village home
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'