Colchester: Police renew appeal for witnesses after stabbing outside High Street’s Liquid nightclub
- Credit: Su Anderson
Detectives are appealing for more witnesses after a stabbing outside a nightclub.
Police were contacted shortly before 3.30am on Friday following reports of a disturbance inside Liquid on Colchester High Street.
Officers arrived and found a 27-year-old local man with a stab wound to his body.
He was taken to Colchester General Hospital and later transferred to Cambridgeshire’s Addenbrookes Hospital.
A spokesman said he remains in hospital receiving treatment and his condition is described as stable.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer, Detective Alison Cotter, said: “A lot of people would have been leaving the night-club at the time this happened and I am sure there must be other witnesses to what happened who we have not yet spoken to.
“If you were on Colchester High Street in the early hours of last Friday and saw what happened I would urge you to get in touch with me by calling Colchester Police Station on 101 or ringing Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
A 21-year-old man from Middlesex, a 19-year-old man from Brentwood, a 23-year-old man from the Colchester area and a 37-year-old woman, also from the Colchester area, were all arrested at the scene in connection with the incident.
They are all on police bail until Tuesday, October 7 pending further enquiries.