Colchester: Police renew appeal for witnesses after stabbing outside High Street’s Liquid nightclub
- Credit: Su Anderson
Detectives are appealing for more witnesses after a stabbing outside a nightclub.
Police were contacted shortly before 3.30am on Friday following reports of a disturbance inside Liquid on Colchester High Street.
Officers arrived and found a 27-year-old local man with a stab wound to his body.
He was taken to Colchester General Hospital and later transferred to Cambridgeshire’s Addenbrookes Hospital.
A spokesman said he remains in hospital receiving treatment and his condition is described as stable.
Investigating officer, Detective Alison Cotter, said: “A lot of people would have been leaving the night-club at the time this happened and I am sure there must be other witnesses to what happened who we have not yet spoken to.
“If you were on Colchester High Street in the early hours of last Friday and saw what happened I would urge you to get in touch with me by calling Colchester Police Station on 101 or ringing Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 5 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 6 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 7 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 8 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 9 Farmer 'heartbroken' as land sees fourth fire in 10 days
- 10 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
A 21-year-old man from Middlesex, a 19-year-old man from Brentwood, a 23-year-old man from the Colchester area and a 37-year-old woman, also from the Colchester area, were all arrested at the scene in connection with the incident.
They are all on police bail until Tuesday, October 7 pending further enquiries.