Colchester: Police thank woman for responding to James Attfield murder investigation appeal
- Credit: Archant
Police have praised a woman who responded to a murder investigation witness appeal in Colchester - minutes after its launch.
Detectives investigating the murder of James Attfield, who was found with more than 100 stab wounds in Castle Park on Saturday, March 29, wanted to speak to the woman after she was seen on CCTV talking to Mr Attfield in the River Lodge pub -where he was last seen alive.
“This woman has now contacted police and detectives will speak to her,” said a police spokesman.
“Essex Police would like to thank her for contacting the force after the social media appeal.”
A Crimestoppers reward of up to £5,000 still remains on offer for information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for the murder.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
A man and a woman, both aged 27 and from Colchester, are currently on police bail until Friday, May 9, after having been arrested in connection with the murder.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience