Colchester Premier Inn evacuated after fire alarm at pub next door

A Premier Inn in Colchester was evacuated after a fire alarm.

A Premier Inn in Colchester was evacuated after a fire alarm. - Credit: Archant

A Premier Inn in Colchester was evacuated after a fire alarm went off at a pub next door.

The evacuation took place at 3.30am today at the Premier Inn in Ipswich Road after the fire alarm at the Balkerne Gate pub (Table Table).

Guests were back in the hotel in around half an hour, according to owners of both premises Whitbread.

The hotel, restaurant and coffee shop operator thanked guests for their patience during the incident.

A spokeswoman for Whitbread said: “Understand the evacuation was due to fire alarm activation at the Table Table Balkerne Gate Restaurant – also a Whitbread site.


You may also want to watch:


“The hotel has 179 rooms, of which 91 were sold last night.

“The evacuation took place at 3.30am with guests back in the hotel in around half an hour.

Most Read

“We’d really like to take this opportunity to thank our guests for their patience.”

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus