Colchester Premier Inn evacuated after fire alarm at pub next door
- Credit: Archant
A Premier Inn in Colchester was evacuated after a fire alarm went off at a pub next door.
The evacuation took place at 3.30am today at the Premier Inn in Ipswich Road after the fire alarm at the Balkerne Gate pub (Table Table).
Guests were back in the hotel in around half an hour, according to owners of both premises Whitbread.
The hotel, restaurant and coffee shop operator thanked guests for their patience during the incident.
A spokeswoman for Whitbread said: “Understand the evacuation was due to fire alarm activation at the Table Table Balkerne Gate Restaurant – also a Whitbread site.
You may also want to watch:
“The hotel has 179 rooms, of which 91 were sold last night.
“The evacuation took place at 3.30am with guests back in the hotel in around half an hour.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
“We’d really like to take this opportunity to thank our guests for their patience.”