Colchester Premier Inn evacuated after fire alarm at pub next door
PUBLISHED: 18:20 26 December 2017 | UPDATED: 18:25 26 December 2017
A Premier Inn in Colchester was evacuated after a fire alarm went off at a pub next door.
The evacuation took place at 3.30am today at the Premier Inn in Ipswich Road after the fire alarm at the Balkerne Gate pub (Table Table).
Guests were back in the hotel in around half an hour, according to owners of both premises Whitbread.
The hotel, restaurant and coffee shop operator thanked guests for their patience during the incident.
A spokeswoman for Whitbread said: “Understand the evacuation was due to fire alarm activation at the Table Table Balkerne Gate Restaurant – also a Whitbread site.
“The hotel has 179 rooms, of which 91 were sold last night.
“The evacuation took place at 3.30am with guests back in the hotel in around half an hour.
“We’d really like to take this opportunity to thank our guests for their patience.”