Colchester: Quartet’s charity run along Hadrian’s Wall
- Credit: Archant
A team of four are taking on an ultra-marathon by running the length of Hadrian’s Wall for charity.
The Colchester Four - Andy Drake, Louise Davis, Michelle Calver and Venessa Moffat - are taking on a 69-mile run over two days next month.
Mrs Moffat said: “We all love running and met through using the same gym in Colchester, LWFitness4All.
“I think it was all a bit of bravado when we challenged each other to do this 69-mile ultra-marathon.
“We all have favourite charities and decided that we’d love to do this and try to raise over £3,000, maybe more with public support, by pushing ourselves to the limit.” The challenge, called The Wall, will take place on June 22-23 and is descirbed by organisers as “a run on the wild side” and “a long run, a very long run”.
You may also want to watch:
The quartet will start at Carlisle Castle on the west coast and across what is left of the 1,885-year-old Hadrian’s Wall to the Gateshead Millennium Bridge on the east coast.
The group are regularly seen pounding the streets of Colchester with training runs but the foursome have signed up to practice half and full marathons to get in top form.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
Races have included three Paras’ 10 races, the Hadleigh 10k, Milton Keynes marathon and the Colchester half marathon.
Including the Hadrian’s Wall challenge, between them, the Colchester Four will have run 515-miles this year by the end of June.
Mrs Moffat added: “We’d love to be able to double or treble our £3,000 charity target for Multiple Sclerosis UK, the Parachute Regiment Charity and Macmillan Cancer Support.
“If anybody would like to help four crazy runners support these fabulous causes, we’d be incredibly grateful.” Visit www.justgiving.com/teams/2ladiesandawall to sponsor the quartet.