Colchester: Reconstruction of murdered James Attfield’s last movements on BBC Crimewatch tonight
- Credit: Archant
A reconstruction of the last known movements of James Attfield will feature on BBC Crimewatch tonight as detectives continue to piece together the events leading up to his murder.
The programme, which will be broadcast at 9pm on BBC 1, will feature an interview with James’s mother and CCTV of his movements on Friday, March 28 as well as the reconstruction of the crime.
Det Chief Insp Simon Werrett said: “Our investigation is progressing but there are still gaps we need to fill in about James’s movements and I am sure there are other key witnesses out there who we have not yet spoken to.
“I am very hopeful that tonight’s broadcast will give those people, with the information we need, the impetus to come forward and speak with us.”
Mr Attfield was found seriously injured with more than 100 stab wounds in Castle Park, off Guildford Road, shortly before 6am on Saturday, March 29.
You may also want to watch:
He died a short time later at the scene. The 33-year-old man, from East Bay in the town, was last seen in the River Lodge Public House on Middleborough on Friday, March 28.
He left there shortly after 10pm but there are no confirmed sightings of him after that time until he was found dying in the park on Saturday morning.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 10 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
A Crimestoppers reward of up to £5,000 still remains on offer for information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the those responsible for the murder.
Anyone with information is asked to call Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
A man and a woman, both aged 27 and from Colchester, are currently on police bail until Wednesday, July 9 after being arrested in connection with the murder.