Colchester: Renewed appeal after university student suffers serious head injuries in apparent hit and run
- Credit: citizenside.com
Police have renewed an appeal for help after a university student in Essex was left with serious head injuries when he was involved in a collision with a car, which failed to stop at the scene.
The incident happened in Colne Causeway, Colchester, at about 4.40pm on Saturday.
The 21-year-old male was on a bicycle and was crossing the road at a pedestrian crossing. He crossed one lane of stationery cars but was hit by a silver Ford Focus, believed to be an 07 or 57 registration plate, in the second lane.
The car then drove off towards the Greenstead roundabout. It is thought there were at least two people inside.
Police have recovered a silver wing mirror casing from the driver’s side of the vehicle, which came off during the collision. The car may have damage to the bonnet and windscreen.
You may also want to watch:
The cyclist is still in Colchester Hospital with a serious head injury, but he is in a stable condition.
Anyone with information should call the Serious Collision Investigation unit on 101 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer