Colchester school maintains top status for six years after another outstanding Ofsted report
A school has kept its outstanding status after a six year wait for an Ofsted inspection.
Hamilton Primary School, in Colchester. was given the top rating when it was last visited in July 2008, and was rated outstanding in all areas following an inspection last month.
In its latest report inspectors are full of praise for the school, noting the “outstanding progress” by all pupils, including those with special educational needs, is being “maintained year on year”.
According to the report disadvantaged pupils who left in year six this year “were three terms ahead of other pupils nationally in reading and mathematics”.
A strong governing body was recognised with the “headteacher’s very clear, determined leadership lies behind the ongoing drive to improve teaching and achievement and maintain very high standards”.
You may also want to watch:
Pupil behaviour was outstanding as “the school promotes all aspects of pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development outstandingly well”.
Headteacher Clive Reynolds said: “We are absolutely delighted. It is a nice early Christmas present.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
“To get outstanding across the board is particularly pleasing.
“It is quite unusual to get it twice in a row, and it is very challenging to get outstanding.
“I put it down to fantastic teamwork at the school, morale, and a lot of hard work.
“We value our staff and choose them well, and have an interesting curriculum to make sure when children learn it is interesting and it makes them want to try harder.”