Sink hole opens up in Colchester road
- Credit: Archant
Highways authorities are dealing with a sink hole which has opened up on a road in Colchester
Essex Highways have coned off part of Oxford Road in the town after the discovery of the hole.
It’s not clear at this stage what has caused the sink hole.
Essex Highways will be carrying out investigations into the cause of the road damage before making a repair.
It joked that on Twitter that it would be looking for a plug to fix the sinkhole.
You may also want to watch:
“When its all done we’ll probably have a wash-up session,” read the tweet.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 6 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 9 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 10 A134 closed after serious accident in Colchester